A 30 Minute Meal Your Family Will Love!
Our lives have become saturated with ‘busy’. It’s hard to find time to even cook a healthy meal on a regular basis, let alone once a week. Fast food is quick and convenient, but not always the best choice. Whether you are working late, stuck in traffic, or picking up the kids from their after school activities, we’ve got a 30 minute meal that the whole family will love! You might even have time to relax! Can you imagine that?!
We have a tried and true recipe you can make any time of year with ingredients you probably already have! In this recipe the chicken carries the flavors of just about anything you add to it, and the luscious green broccoli adds a satisfying crunch, and has great nutrients! You can also customize this recipe and swap out the chicken for steak, pork, shrimp or even scallops.
• 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch pieces
• 1 Tablespoon oil
• 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
• 3 cups broccoli- cut into bite size pieces
• 1/3 cup water or chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium is preferred here)
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• ¼ teaspoon honey
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• ½ cup cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
• Sesame seeds and green onions (for garnish)
- Mix together all sauce ingredients, except set aside the water and corn starch
- Drizzle oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and season with the Chinese five spice. Sauté the chicken for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Place the cooked chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Sauté broccoli for 2-3 minutes in the same pan until the edges become crisp. Add 1/3 cup water or chicken broth and for an additional 4-6 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Add chicken back to the pan with the broccoli. Pour sauce into the pan and combine with chicken and broccoli. Whisk ½ cup cold water and corn starch until dissolved, then stir into the pan. When the sauce has thickened (about 1 minute) cook 2-3 minutes longer, then garnish with sesame seeds and onions and serve.
There you have it. Enjoy!